Following the thread of the previous Tradiling article on learning foreign languages, on TED.com there is a very interesting compilation of secrets to learn new languages, all from TED.com translators. Some of them are obvious (make it an immersion experience, for instance), others are quite surprising (don’t let mistakes bother you).
Here are the 7 items, but you can check the full list here, along with their corresponding explanation.
- Get real.
- Make language-learning a lifestyle change.
- Play house with the language.
- Let technology help you out.
- Think about language-learning as a gateway to new experiences.
- Make new friends.
- Do not worry about making mistakes.